Corona Virus (COVID-19) Update, 5/25/2020
Do Your Part--Stop the Spread!
To all the valued friends and clients of Chachere Veterinary Clinic,
The Covid-19 Pandemic has caused disruption everywhere. First, let me thank each of you for your patience during this time. The transition to curbside only was not only a difficult decision but also very difficult to perform each day. We love seeing our clients and talking face to face. We miss seeing you. We know it is slower and sometimes frustrating with all the phone calls, leaving messages, and even dropped calls. We have been striving to do our best to serve our clients, while at the same time being safe for you and for us. We, just like you, have been trying to decide what is best for ourselves, our staff, our families, as well as our clients. We have to consider our own well being as well as that of others. We must take care of ourselves if we are going to continue to take care of others. Effective Tuesday, May 26, 2020, we will institute the following procedures:
- Our Curb Side Service will be modified. We will still ask you to remain in your car when you arrive at the clinic. When you arrive, please call to check-in, you will be asked if you want to come in with your pet or remain in your car. The same will apply to our patients being dropped off for surgery. You can also choose to remain in your car when picking up refills.
If you chose to remain in your car: when it is your time, a staff member will come out and get your pet like we have been doing for the last few weeks. Your pet can stay as a “drop-off” or you can wait and we will return your pet to you as soon as its office visit is over. The doctors will be speaking to you by phone to discuss your pet’s condition. All medications for the visit will also be taken to your car. We will also be doing refills curbside. Payment will be done over the phone or someone can take your payment in to be processed (like in a restaurant). Each pet must be in a carrier or on a leash. Please have patience, as we have learned the curbside appointments do take longer. We do not mind the curbside and actually encourage it. We do feel this is the safest way to protect you and staff members from any possible exposure to COVID 19. We are trying to help stop the spread of and exposure to the Corona Virus in our area.
If you would like to come in with your pet: when it is your time a staff member will come out and escort you and your pet directly into an exam room. If your pet is here for surgery you will be escorted directly to the front counter for check-in. We will not be using our lobby for seating for the time being. We ask that no more than 2 people per visit come in and that you wear a mask if possible. We ask that you remain seated while in the exam room in order to provide proper social distancing between you, our staff, and doctors. When your visit is complete you will then be escorted to the counter for check out. Again, please allow proper social distancing between yourself and our receptionists.
If you are at the clinic to pick up a refill: Please call in advance or when you arrive and we will get it ready for you. When it is ready we will either bring it to you or you may come in and pick it up at the front counter.
- We are doing elective surgeries again. We are still closely watching the availability of supplies, but so far that has not been a problem. We are limiting the number of procedures each day. In addition to this, we are also trying to catch up on procedures missed at the start of the pandemic. This is causing our surgeries to be booked further out than normal.
- If you or a family member have any concern that you are sick (fever, coughing, sneezing), or if you or a family member have been exposed to the Corona Virus, please do not expose us, our staff, or our other clients. As per the CDC, please stay at home. We are asking you to have someone else bring your pet in for its visit.
- We will continue to refill your prescriptions, heartworm meds, flea meds, etc. by phone and we will gladly bring the products to your car. (The next best thing to a drive-through). If you will call ahead of time, we will have your products ready. Call when you arrive if you would like it brought to your car.
- Some problems may still be addressed by phone. Please feel free to call.
- As you know there are 3 veterinarians at our clinic. We are all working every business day. We are also adding additional staff in order to accommodate as many clients as possible. Please have patience while our new staff members are learning. Because we are not able to see as many patients each day, we are not always able to get your pet scheduled as quickly as we normally do. We are trying to get sick and injured patients in as quickly as possible. Please be patient and please do not be particular about which doctor you see. I am not asking you to change doctors forever, but to see whoever is available on that day.
- Our clinic has always prided itself on cleanliness. We will continue additional disinfection practices, including wiping chairs and doorknobs.
- Our staff will greet you with a smile and hello instead of a handshake until the Corona Virus outbreak is over.
- Any staff member running a fever or having a family member that is running a fever is being asked to stay home for 48 hours.
- Any staff member exposed to the Corona Virus is not allowed to work for 2 weeks.
- All staff members are being asked to practice their best personal hygiene.
- We will maintain normal business hours unless asked to change by federal, state, or local government. We are back to being opened on the first and third Saturdays again.
- Have patience please. We will get through this.
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and alert you to any changes in our business hours or procedures via the Chachere Veterinary Facebook page and e-mail. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Our prayers are for a safe and healthy end to this Corona Virus pandemic and for the health and well being of our clients and staff.
Dr. Luke Chachere, Dr. Lukas Chachere, Dr. Brent Hale and Staff